What is a WPS PIN, and Where/How to find the WPS PIN?
The PIN for Wireless Protected Setup method will make it easy to connect your printer to Wi-Fi. It also helps connect all the wireless devices to a stable router. Get quality printouts on connecting your HP printer to a wireless network. You will see what a WPS PIN is and where you will find this WPS PIN in this blog. The control panel of your HP printer will display this WPS PIN. You can also use the printer manual to find the WPS PIN.
Now, let us get started with knowing what a WPS PIN is?
The WPS PIN is a passcode that provides secure Wi-Fi between your printer and PC. Using this 8-digit WPS PIN, you can establish an error-free Wi-Fi connection. WPS button and WPS PIN are the two secure wireless network connection methods.
Now, see where you will find this 8-digit WPS PIN?
- Rush below the steps to find where the 8-digit WPS PIN is present:
- Switch on your HP printer and go to the control panel.
- Open settings and tap on the wireless icon.
- Now, choose the Wireless Protected Setup method.
- Wait for the control panel to display the WPS PIN.
- See the WPS connectivity steps after knowing what a WPS PIN is and where to find it.
Now, see how to connect the HP printer to Wi-Fi using a WPS button or WPS PIN.
You can use either a WPS button or a WPS PIN to affix your HP printer to Wi-Fi. Use the control panel to establish a WPS network connection at ease. Choose settings and carry out the instructions listed on the on-screen prompts. These prompts will help you find the WPS PIN. Enter the WPS PIN and connect your HP printer to the router. Follow the steps listed below to connect your printer and PC to the router using a WPS PIN or WPS button.
Step 1: Connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi using a WPS button
- Go to the control panel of your HP printer and press the wireless icon.
- Now, choose settings and see if the Wi-Fi light is glowing.
- On seeing a blue Wi-Fi light, go to the Wireless Protected Setup menu.
- Follow the steps and pick the WPS button.
- Now, your printer will ask you to press the WPS button on your router.
- Click on the continue button and press the WPS button on your router.
- Connect your HP printer and PC to the router and start printing online.
Step 2: Connecting your HP printer to the router with the help of a WPS PIN
- Go to the control panel of the HP printer and tap on the wireless icon.
- Click on the settings menu and find the Wireless Protected Setup icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the WPS PIN.
- Now, go to the router and the WPS PIN in it.
- Now, open all programs menu and go to the HP printer folder.
- Select the printer setup and software option and choose a new printer menu.
- A new network printer driver will install on your PC.
- Now, affix your PC and the HP printer to the router using a WPS PIN.
Listed above are the details about what and how to use a WPS PIN.