How to Get My HP Printer Out of Error State
There is a high possibility that your HP printer can hit a point where it is in an error state. The solution here is to identify the printer issue and troubleshoot it to rectify the printer error. This is a common issue from time to time and with the right instructions the changes should be applied systematically.
The first step is to identify the reason behind the error state
- Error in the HP printer driver
- Printer settings
- Internal system issues
- Physical printer issues
- Connectivity error
- Hardware issues
How should you fix the HP printer Error State?
Ensure the printer is online
- Check the HP printer to ensure that it is available online.
- The wireless connection should be active and stable.
- Bring the printer to the online mode through the Control Panel.
- Choose the desired printer, right-click and bring it online.
Check if the printer is set as the default printer
- On the device, open the Settings app and choose Printers and Devices.
- From the list, choose the desired printer and right-click.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Set as Default.
- With this, the changes will be applied to the printer.
Reinstall the printer driver
- There could be an issue with the HP printer driver, hence it should be reinstalled.
- Choose Devices and Printers from the Setting app.
- Locate the printer and click Remove device and proceed to restart the printer.
- On powering back up, the driver will be reinstalled.
Set the print spooler as Automatic
- Open the Services app and scroll to locate Print Spooler.
- Right-click on the print spooler and choose properties.
- From the pop-up menu, select Startup type and then automatic.
- Apply the changes and complete a check to ensure the removal of the error.
Check the device update
- The device that is connected to the printer should also be updated.
- For this, open the Settings app and click on Update and Security.
- Click the option Check for Updates and allow the update to happen automatically.
Apply all the above changes that have been mentioned to rectify the printer error. These simple steps, if followed accurately will assist in the process of resolving the printer issues. You have the additional option of contacting us for further assistance in rectifying the HP printer error.