How to connect my HP Officejet Pro 9020 printer with an USB cable?
Connecting your PC to the HP Officejet Pro 9020 printer is simple. This printer comes with inbuilt Wi-Fi technology to connect to Wi-Fi at ease. You can connect the printer to the PC with a wired or a wireless connection. We have discussed the steps to affix your hp officejet Pro 9020 printer to the PC using USB cable.
First, check if you have detached the printer from the printer box. Also, check if you have removed the packing materials and activated the HP printer. Complete all the display settings and follow the steps listed below to connect using a USB cable:
Step 1: Go to the Windows settings
- Tap on the Windows menu present in the bottom left corner.
- Choose the start menu and click on the settings icon to proceed.
Step 2: Navigate to the devices menu:
- Click on the devices menu present under the Windows icon.
- Now, choose the printers and scanners menu and get a prompt on-screen.
- Choose to add a printer or scanner and tap ok to continue.
Step 3: Connect your printer to the PC via a USB cable
- On clicking the “add a printer or scanner” menu, you will see a list of printers.
- Now, tap on your OJ Pro 9020 printer and click on the add button.
Step 4: Install an updated driver
- Now, go to a secured browser and open official HP website.
- Enter your printer model and tap on the driver button.
- Choose an HP Officejet Pro 9020 driver and tap on the download button.
- Now, install the driver and pick USB as the network type.
- Connect a USB cable to your printer and the PC.
- Wait for your printer to connect to the PC via a USB cable.
- Now, reboot your devices and assign a test print task.
These steps will help you affix HP Officejet Pro 9020 printer to the PC via USB.
Following are the steps to affix your OJ Pro 9020 printer to the PC using Wi-Fi:
- Activate your OJ Pro 9020 printer, PC, and router.
- Now, place your PC and the OJ Pro 9020 printer close to the router.
- Tap on the home button present in the control panel settings of the router.
- Go to the wireless LAN settings and open the Wi-Fi wizard.
- Follow the steps and enter the network credentials to affix your printer to Wi-Fi.
These steps will help you connect your HP OJ Pro 9020 printer to the PC via Wi-Fi.