HP Printer Windows 10 Troubleshooting with HP Print & Scan Doctor
One way of troubleshooting HP printers that are connected to a Windows 10 device can be simple. HP printers have always made troubleshooting HP printers easier. Either the HP printer can be troubleshot using simple steps of completing a few checks and performing a few simple steps, or the user can simply download the troubleshooting driver.
All that needs to be done is to download the HP Scan Doctor. This is a specific driver that allows the user to download it from the HP Support website, install the driver, and allow it to run an analysis. Once the analysis and diagnostics are complete, the HP Scan Doctor will troubleshoot the HP printer.
What are some of the issues that can be solved using the HP Scan Doctor?
- HP printer driver corruption
- Error messages on the printer’s display
- Driver not found on the printer
- Printer is offline
- Issues of firewall
Here’s how to download and install the HP Scan Doctor.
- Power up the printer and the Windows 10 device.
- Move over to the Windows device and open a suitable web browser.
- In the web browser, enter the details of the HP Support website.
- On the HP page, choose Diagnostics from the menu tab.
- This will redirect you to another page where the HP Print & Scan Doctor can be found.
- Click on the highlighted green option and this will initiate the download of the HP Print & Scan Doctor.
The HP printer can be checked manually, but with the HP Print & Scan Doctor option available, the driver will automatically conduct a check. This will take a few minutes as the HP Print & Scan Doctor will run a full analysis of the printer to run a full check.
Following the download of the HP Print & Scan Doctor, the driver has to be installed.
- Once the download is complete, locate the HP Print & Scan Doctor in the download folder or the download bar.
- Run the file and complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Note that access and permission need to be given wherever required.
- Once the installation is complete, add the printer to the HP Print & Scan Doctor.
- Following this, allow the HP Print & Scan Doctor to complete the diagnostic test.
- This will take a few minutes to complete.
The diagnostic test will identify the issue with the HP printer and simultaneously resolve the issues with the printer. There will be times when the HP Print & Scan Doctor wizard will prompt for instructions that have to be performed manually.
Following this, the diagnostic test will reveal the areas of concern, and instructions will be provided by the HP Print & Scan Doctor.
Some of the issues that will be identified by the HP Print & Scan Doctor are as below:
The issues will be indicated using icons that state the status of the HP printer. If there is a tick, then it indicates the printer has passed its test. If a spanner icon is indicated, then the HP Print & Scan Doctor has found the issue and rectified the error. An alter icon indicated that action should be taken, and an X icon indicated an issue has been found and the steps should be followed to resolve it.
Contact us for further assistance to help in troubleshooting the printer using the HP Print & Scan Doctor.