Ready to help you!
Skip to content
Why is HP Printer not printing?
- First, troubleshoot using the physical requirements.
- Try to check the ink or Toner cartridges that need refilling or replacing.
- If you suspect any ink cartridge blocks and other damage, it may result in the printer not printing error.
- Look whether there are any error notifications or messages on the printer control panel display.
- Use the Print Spooler service option using the Windows + R key. Use the slider and scroll down to locate the Print Spooler option.
- Try to right-click the Print spooler option to obtain the Restart option on it.
- Look for the print job, if not able to print. Continue with the below steps.
- Use the Device Manager option and connect to the page connected to the printer to select the desired HP printer from the list.
- Click the printer name and tap the uninstall option near it.
- Or else, use the Windows troubleshooter using the Devices & Printers option with the help of Windows + R.
- On the resultant page, use the list of added applications to locate the desired printer name.
- Then, right-click to get the troubleshoot option.
- You will be dragged to the next wizard screen. Simply follow the screen prompts and fill out the troubleshooting process.
- Whether uninstall the printer registration from the active system.
- Later, add it again freshly by restarting the entire printer setup.
- Look for the HP Printer driver’s version. If outdated, uninstall it or update it using the Official HP website 123.hp.com.
- Now, check the printer’s response.
- If not accessible, try to clear all the print queues.