HP Printer Not Working After Windows 10 Update
This is a common issue that often takes place when there are updates that have been made to a device that is connected to an HP printer. In this case, the printer fails to function after an update has been made to a Windows 10 device.
There will inevitably be updates for both printers and devices. This could even cause an issue for the printer to function normally. But, if these simple steps are followed the issue can be resolved and the printer can be used again without any issues.
Here are a few instructions that can be followed to complete the issue with the printer not working because of a Windows update.
Restart the device.
- After the Windows 10 software has been updated, make sure the printer that is connected to the device is restarted.
- This will allow any underlying issue that has occurred to be removed.
- Restart the printer and complete a check to make sure it issue has been removed.
Check the HP printer driver
- Check if there is an available update for the HP printer driver.
- If there is a driver update, then make sure it is completed at once.
- It can be downloaded from the HP support website if available.
There should be rebooted to remove underlying issues. While the printer is powered up, remove the power cord.
- The power cord should be pulled out from the rear end of the printer.
- Then, the power cord should be removed from the wall socket.
- Allow the HP printer to remain idle for a few minutes.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer and then to the power supply.
- Turn the printer back on and check if the issue has been removed.
These are some of the common steps that should be used to make sure the HP printer issue has been removed. Follow the steps accurately so that there will be no further issues with the printer.
Another factor that can be checked is to see if there is an additional update to the device. If the HP printer is outdated, then the chances of the printer being incompatible will be a common issue. It can be removed by replacing the printer with a newer one.
If you continue to face issues with the HP printer, feel free to contact us for further assistance to resolve the underlying issue because of the Windows 10 update.