How to fix the printer driver unavailable error on Mac?
If your Mac operating system is flashing the message printer driver unavailable while printing a document, follow these troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
The first step is to clear all the data and configurations about the printer. We recommend having a backup before initiating this fix.
- Switch on the Mac system and select the menu > system preferences > printers and scanners icon.
- Press the control key and click on the device. Choose the reset printing system option.
The next is to delete the existing drivers.
- Select the menu button and select library printers, and select go.
- Click to edit and select all the files and delete them.
- Now, select system preferences and choose software update.
- Install the latest updated software which is displayed.
- The process starts automatically to install the latest updated version of the HP Printer driver onto the system.