How to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to Wi-Fi?
There are several ways to connect your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to Wi-Fi. Here are some of the wireless setup instructions for you to follow:
Connect to Wi-Fi from the control panel:
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, PC, and access point.
- Now, place the printer and PC within the connectivity range of the router.
- Go to the control panel of the HP OJ Pro 6978 printer and tap on the home icon.
- Next, go to the settings menu and click on the network settings option present.
- Choose wireless settings and tap on the wireless setup wizard icon present.
- Open the wireless setup wizard and get along with the HP Officejet 6978 wireless setup instructions.
- Now, enter the network name or SSID of the router and tap continue.
- Next, enter the network password or the WEP key and click on the continue button.
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer will connect to buffer-free Wi-Fi.
Connect to Wi-Fi using WPS Button:
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and place it near the router.
- Press and hold the WPS button present on the control panel of the printer.
- Now, go to the router and tap on the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- The printer screen will display the WPS PIN. Collect the PIN and enter it on the PC.
- Now, the PC and HP Oj 6978 printer will connect to the same Wi-Fi.
- Assign print tasks online and check the performance of your wireless-enabled printer.
Connect to Wi-Fi using Wi-Direct:
- Open your PC and go to the printers and scanners section.
- Now, tap on your printer model and click the Wi-Fi Direct menu.
- The PC will now display a Wi-Fi passcode.
- Enter the password on the printer and tap on the Join menu.
- Your printer will now get ready to print files online.