How do I get my HP printer back online?
Follow every step given below to fix the offline printer error. Keeping your printer active is vital to print files without hassles. Let’s get started with how to resolve the HP printer offline problem:
01. Check the cables
Check whether both ends of the USB cable connection are firm. Check if the Ethernet cable connection is without problems for a network printer. Look at whether the network signal is buffer-free for a wireless printer.
Replace the cables or reconnect to the router and check if the printer is active.
02. Set your HP printer online with manual steps
- Go to the start icon and choose the devices and printers menu.
- Right-click on your HP printer model and check what task your device is printing.
- Now, pick the printer option and tap on the online printer option.
03. Remove all the pending print jobs
- See what your printer is printing and click on the cancel button.
- Now, choose the online printer status and reboot your PC and the printer.
04. Remove and reinstall your HP printer
- Go to the devices and printers menu and click on your HP printer model.
- Now, right-click on your printer and choose the remove option.
- Add your printer back by clicking on the add option.
Now, check if your HP printer is online and ready to print. Else, follow the steps given below to resolve the offline printer error:
- Go to the settings menu and tap on the option of the printer.
- Right-click on your printer model and select the online printer status.
- Now, see any ongoing print jobs and cancel all the print jobs.
- Double-click on your printer and go to the printer menu.
- Choose the cancel all documents option and check for any paper jam.
- Clear the paper jam and continue to print. Now, check if your printer is back online.
- Else, switch off and reboot your 123.hp.com printer.
- Now, check whether all the cables are working without errors.
- Also, check if the network is stable and restart your PC and the printer.
If the error continues, then try to resolve it by reinstalling the drivers:
- Go to the settings menu and choose the option of the printer.
- Find your printer model and right-click on it to pick the properties menu.
- Click on the driver menu and go to a manufacturer website.
- Download and install the latest driver and add your HP printer to the PC.
- Now, try to take a test printout and check if your printer is active.
These steps will help you get back your printer online and print at ease.