Connecting the HP printer using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Set up)
Complete the below mentioned standard steps that are to be followed before making an attempt to connect the HP printer using the WPS method.
- Ensure that the HP printer is first powered up.
- Make sure there is a wireless connection available.
- The wireless connection should be stable.
- Note the Wifi credentials such as the password.
For HP Printers with a display follow the below steps to connect the HP Printer to a wireless connection using the wifi credentials directly.
- With the HP printer ready to be connected, move over to the printer’s display.
- Here, move over to the Control Panel.
- Choose the wireless icon and the Network Settings.
- Follow the instructions until you reach the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Then, on tapping this a list of wireless networks will appear on the HP Printer’s display.
- Choose the desired network and then enter the details.
- Note to enter the details accurately to avoid causing any delay in the connection process.
- Give it a few seconds and the connection will be established in a few seconds.
This is one of the easiest manners in which an HP printer can be connected to a wireless network. To use this method it is vital to have the details of the Wifi such as the password. It is also necessary that the printer have a touch display to connect using this method.
For HP printers without a touch display, the following steps are to be followed and these methods make the process quick and simple.
Here are the instructions that should be followed to connect the HP printer to a connection using the WPS push button.
- Before proceeding further make sure that the printer is placed close to the wifi router.
- When it comes to printers without a touch screen, the printer will have to be set into the mode of connecting using WPS.
- On the HP printer, locate the wireless button. To identify it, it will have a wireless icon on it.
- Press and hold it for a few seconds. Most preferably for five seconds.
- When it is pressed, a light will begin to flash on the HP Printer.
- For some printers, press and hold the wireless button as well as the power button at the same time.
- Now, move over to the wifi router. Locate the WPS button.
- On finding it, note that the WPS button on the printer and the wifi router should be pressed at the same time.
- Give it a few seconds, the lights on the printer and the WPS button will stop lighting up once the connection has been established.
- The process might have to be repeated a few times before the connection between the HP printer and the driver can take place.
Connect the HP printer using WiFi Direct
Follow the steps mentioned below to ensure that the HP printer continues to produce prints using the WiFi direct method.
- Set up the HP printer and ensure that it is ready to take prints.
- Make sure the cartridges are full and functioning.
- Ensure there is paper loaded in the paper tray.
- Move over to the device and open the Control Panel.
- Then choose Printers and Scanners and select Add a printer or scanner.
- Select Show WiFi Direct printers. Locate the printer model which will be indicated with Direct and Add Device.
- This will cause the WPS Pin wizard to pop up on the device’s display.
- Now, move over to the printer to acquire the WPS Pin.
- The WPS Pin can be found on the printer’s control panel.
- The Pin has to be added in the space on the device within 90 seconds.
- Failure to do so will result in the repetition of the full process.
- Key in the WPS Pin, select Start and the Print.
Using these methods the HP Printer can be connected. These steps can be used either for convenience or due to lack of options.
It is important to note that these steps are to be followed at all times to ensure that the HP Printer is connected without any further issues. If steps in the connection process using WPS options are skipped, it will result in failure to connect.
Should you require assistance in setting up the HP Printer using one of the WPS Setup methods above, contact our team. Call us now!